How To Make An Xbox 360 Rapid Fire Controller
You can learn how to make an Xbox 360 rapid fire controller out of your old controller by following a few easy steps. Rapid fire action is a way to modify the functionality of your Xbox 360 controller to enable it to rapidly and repeatedly activate buttons when you press down on a certain button combination. You can modify your controller easily to implement rapid fire action by following these steps.
To make an Xbox 360 rapid fire controller, you will need:
- Xbox 360 controller
- Small Phillips head screwdriver
- Momentary switch
- Unplug the controller or remove the battery back. Remove the case of the Xbox 360 controller by removing the seven screws on the back. Note that one of the screws is behind the serial barcode sticker on the back. Remove the sticker using a knife or blade to keep it in tact, so that you can replace it after you are finished.
- Take the controller back off and leave the front of the controller facing downward so that the buttons stay in the correct slots. Remove the circuit board from the back of the controller and place it on your work table.
- Locate the middle pin trigger on the front of the circuit board. Note that it is below the pin for the "A" button on the board, slightly to the right. Solder the red wire from the momentary switch to the middle pin trigger.
- Locate the LED ground on the front of the circuit board. Note that it is where the pins for the green Xbox button is on the controller. Solder the black wire from the momentary switch to the LED ground.
- Put the controller together by following the removal instructions in reverse, but leaving the switch protruding from the bottom of the controller. Test the controller and ensure that it turns on.
Insert a game into your Xbox 360 and turn the system on. Press the protruding momentary switch to activate rapid fire on your controller. The trigger will activate many times consecutively within a short second.