Break out the flip-flops guys, ‘cause we’re going show you how to make a yellow bird cocktail that will make you want to hop the next boat to the Bahamas! These blended marvels of the bartending world are sure to please even the most finicky of bar flies. Serve ‘em up at your next BBQ and have all the ladies begging for more – yellow bird cocktails, that is. Don’t have a blender? That’s okay, because just like a margarita, this cocktail can be served frozen or on the rocks.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Light Rum (Bacardi 151 is best, but any light rum will do in a pinch.)
- Galliano (an Italian herbal liqueur)
- Crème de Banana
- Orange Juice
- Pineapple Juice
- A blender (optional)
- Hurricane glasses
- Crushed Ice
For frozen cocktails:
- In a blender, combine 1 oz. rum, ½ oz each of Galliano and crème de banana, 2 oz. orange juice, and 1 oz. pineapple juice.
- Add ice and blend.
- Pour into hurricane glasses and garnish with an orange slice or pineapple chunk.
For “on the rocks” cocktails:
- Mix all ingredients as you would for the frozen variety. Just nix the blender, of course.
- Pour into a hurricane glass full of crushed ice.
- Garnish with an orange slice or pineapple chunk.
Just like margaritas and daiquiris, you can make this wonderful oasis in a glass by the pitcher if needed. Just up the measurements proportionately to the size of the pitcher. For frozen cocktails, place the pitcher in a large bowl of ice to keep everything from melting too fast.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Signs She Wants You to Come Talk to Her at the Bar
These not-so-subtle hints mean legit interest—and time for action.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
10 Real-Life Heroes Who Inspired Indiana Jones
Legend has it, these guys are the real MVPs.