Although "Yellow Submarine" is a popular Beatles song, here you will learn how to make a yellow submarine cocktail at home. There are many recipes and variations of this popular drink. Included below is a fun summer inspired martini version and a yummy frozen smoothie version that is sure to be a hit at any summer party.
To make a yellow submarine, you will need:
- White Rum
- Banana Liqueur
- Crushed Ice
- Sugar on a small saucer large enough for the rim of the glass to swirl in
- Lemon juice in a small bowl wide enough for the rim of the glass to dip in
- Cocktail Shaker/Strainer
- Martini Glasses
- Maraschino Cherries
- Lemon peels made into "twists"
- Small Cocktail Straws
- Dip the rim of glass in the lemon juice and swirl it in the sugar. Set the glass aside. If making more than one drink prep all of your glasses at this time.
- Add crushed ice to the cocktail shaker 1/4 full.
- Add 2 oz vodka (per drink)
- Add 1 oz white rum (per drink)
- Add 1 oz banana liqueur (per drink)
- Replace cap on cocktail shaker and shake well.
- Strain the mixture in to the prepared martini glasses.
- Garnish with a twist of lemon or a maraschino cherry. Be creative when garnishing.
- Add two small cocktail straws and serve!
Before you begin making the drink find out first if the person you are mixing it for would like it on the rocks (over ice) or strained. It is also good to find out if they would like sugar on the rim of their glass. If they want the rim sugared begin at step 1. If they would prefer their drink with no sugar go straight to step 2.
For a summertime frozen smoothie version of the yellow submarine you will need:
- tall glasses
- vanilla ice cream or banana ice cream
- banana liqueur
Follow the steps to make the martini version of the yellow submarine above but instead of placing the ingredients into the cocktail shaker place all of the ingredients into the blender. Then, add a whole banana (peeled) and 2 scoops of vanilla or banana ice cream. If smoothie is too thick add splash of milk or orange juice to thin it out. Pour into tall glasses and enjoy. This yellow submarine is sure to be a success at your next party. Cheers!
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
10 Kung Fu Movies Every Man Should See
From the absolute classics to the so-bad-they're-amazing.