How To Make Your Dog Happy
Need to know how to make your dog happy? If you have taken the time to find a pet, you will want to make him happy. There are several ways to make your dog happy, and each one requires very little from you. Enjoy the time you spend together and make sure that you are being the best dog owner you can be.
- Dogs need to be well fed. In order to keep your dog happy, you need to feed him quality food that works well with his size, system and breed. Puppies need special food to help them grow and develop. Smaller dog breeds need food with smaller pieces that are easier to chew. Some dogs with sensitive stomachs need food that prevents them from getting sick and adds to their nourishment. Find out what works best for your dog and make sure he is getting enough of it.
- Dogs need to be kept clean. While they may not like the idea of taking a bath, they do need to be kept clean. Part of a bathing routine includes brushing your dog. Most dogs enjoy laying back and being brushed, and at the same time you are getting rid of hair and helping them to shed less. Also, when it's time for a bath, check your dog's teeth to see if they are due for a cleaning, as well as his nails to see if it is time for a trim.
- Dogs, just like people, need exercise. Take time to get the two of you out of the house, away from work, stress and worry and take a walk together. Your dog needs to be kept fit and will enjoy seeing what's going on with the world outside. If you have a dog park close by, stop by and let your dog spend time with other dogs.
- Dogs need attention. If you want to make your dog happy, you need to spend time with him. Exercise is a great way to do this, but it isn't the only way. You can just have the dog be close to you as you get things done around the house. Give him a pat on the head every once in a while or rub him while you sit back to watch television.
- Keep up to date with shots and visits to the doctor. Remember that a healthy dog is a happy dog. Invest in the time it takes to make your dog happy and you will find that he brings you joy as well.