How To Make Your Myspace Private
There comes a time for privacy, even in the modern generation, and understanding how to make your Myspace private might be the first step towards personal secrecy. Let's face it; there are stalkers, weirdos and clingy friends who all want to know every detail of your life. Then, let's be honest; you don't always want to give them every little detail of your life. With the popularity of the online social network, you might decide to make your Myspace private. When you turn your Myspace private, only certain "privileged" individuals, chosen by you, can see your personal data.
Make sure you have the following prior to attempting to turn your Myspace private:
- A Myspace account
- A computer connected to the internet
- The right to access the account you are going to privatize
- Log into your Myspace account. Obviously, if you don't have the email and password associated to the account you wish to privatize, you probably don't own the profile. Check your email for an initial message sent from Myspace to get the information.
- Click on "My Privacy" under the "My Profile" button. If you "mouse over" the button, you will be able to view the settings that make your Myspace private. Try to decide, prior to actually making the settings, who you want to view your profile and who should be restricted.
- Choose your privacy settings. To make your Myspace private from a group of people, select one of the three options given to you. The groups of people you can select to view your profile are: Everyone (default), Friends and people over/under eighteen, or Friends only.
- Edit other settings. You can also, from this screen, choose who sees your statuses, whether or not your birthday is displayed and other Myspace private options. If you are over eighteen, you can select that minors are not allowed to contact you; if you are under eighteen, you can select that only minors are allowed to contact you.
- Click on the "Save All Changes" button. Congratulations, you have made your Myspace private! Myspace is an excellent social utility, and you have just learned how to be responsible by sharing limited amounts of information within this social utility.
Myspace does require quite a bit of maturity. Unfortunately, some people don't possess this and will attempt to stalk your page. Luckily, the options available to make your Myspace private are at the ready. All it takes is a few moments of your time to turn your Myspace private, and say adios to scary clingers!