How To Make Your Own Bleached Skinny Jeans
When you learn how to make your own bleached skinny jeans, you can not only have this hot new look, but make it your own. By making your own bleached skinny jeans, you can control the way the garment looks, and wind up with a one of a kind fashion statement. It's incredibly easy to make bleached skinny jeans. Everything you need is outlined below.
To make your own bleached skinny jeans, you will need:
- skinny jeans
- liquid bleach
- an old sheet or towel
- liquid detergent used for hand-washing, such as Woolite
- a basin
- Make sure that you wear gloves. Bleach is corrosive, and it can irritate your skin. Chemical burns are not fashionable at all.
- Lay your jeans flat on your sheet or towel. Make sure you use one that you don't mind ruining. The bleach is going to go through your skinny jeans to the surface below.
- Begin applying bleach to your jeans. You can either apply it in splotches for a bleach splashed look, or more evenly to bleach larger areas. In places where you want tiny dabs, use a cotton swab to apply.
- Let your jeans sit with the bleach for no more than fifteen minutes. If you leave the bleach on longer, it can damage the fabric. Damage may not appear immediately, but, the next time your jeans are in the dryer, they can develop small holes.
- Hand wash your bleached skinny jeans in cold water as soon as the fifteen minutes are up. Use a small amount of detergent, and rinse until all detergent and bleach are removed. You may also want to wash the jeans in your clothes washer. Make sure that you wash them alone so that you do not risk exposing other clothing to the bleach.
If you want different looks on the front and back of your jeans, stuff your pant legs with plastic before bleaching. This will keep the bleach from bleeding through to the other layer of fabric, enabling you to have a truly unique pair of bleached skinny jeans.