Learning how to make your own cufflinks is a great way to add a personal touch to traditional cufflinks. You can create them using anything you desire. They make great gifts, too. If you are having a wedding and want matching cufflinks for the groomsmen, making your own is an excellent money-saving option. Basically, anything goes when it comes to cufflinks. You can create cufflinks that reflect your own sense of style.
In order to make your own cufflinks, you will need:
- Rhinestones, buttons, coins, or polymer clay.
- Metal pads and cufflink backs
- Strong glue
- Select your cufflink backs. For everyday wear, I recommend going with the 5mm round flat metal pads with cufflink backs. If you want a fancier cufflink for formal occasions, sterling silver and gold backs are available.
- Choose your design. Rhinestones, decorative buttons, and collectible coins all make great cufflinks. When using rhinestones, select swarovski flatback rhinestones or crystals. They are available in a variety of colors and sizes. If you use buttons, use wire cutters to remove the back loop on the button. Another option is to cover buttons with fabric. If you are really crafty, try making your own polymer clay cufflinks. You can mold the clay into any shape to suit any theme you desire. Polymer clay can be a bit tricky to master. It may take some practice.
- Once you have the item you want to use for the cufflink, attach it to the back. Glue the rhinestone, button, coin, or clay to the pad. Then attach the pad to the cufflink back. Allow to dry.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
Emma Watson and Other Child Stars Who Grew Up To Be Hot
Throughout the Harry Potter film series, we've seen Emma Watson transform from a lovable child star into a burgeoning sex symbol. She's not the first actress to do so, and she cert …
10 Things Women Expect Men to Know How to Do
To make ladies swoon or at least not cringe, master these skills. (Yes, several are car-related.)