If you're a musician who is operating on a tight budget, it may behoove you to learn how to make your own electric guitar amp. The electric guitar amp is one of the cornerstones of musicians today, and no troubadour worth his salt should be without one. Save yourself some cash and construct a piece of equipment that's all your own by making your own electric guitar amp.
To make your own electric guitar amp, you will need:
- An old amp box or an old wooden box
- A preamp
- A power amp
- A speaker
- Switches and knobs
- Electrical wire
- A saw
- Prepare your box. Make certain that you have all of your materials in properly working condition, and that the box is equally clean and ready to accept the pieces of the electric guitar amp. If you're using an old box as opposed to an empty amp box, you will need to use the saw to make holes for all the equipment.
- Install the preamp. This is the component that has all of the knobs and switches, and is also responsible for receiving signals from the guitar. Making your own electric guitar amp, you need to ensure that all of these connections work properly so that your guitar will be able to send sound through your homemade equipment.
- Install the power amp. The power amp is used to transfer the signals from the preamp to the speaker. This also amplifies the bass and treble of the pieces you're playing, so be sure to have the correct wiring in this process.
- Install the speaker. This piece takes the sound from the power amp and plays it to the room at large. A general rule of thumb is that larger speakers produce a larger sound, though you need to make sure that the speaker fits within the physical limitations of your amp box.
- Plug in your guitar and test your handiwork. If there is no sound coming out, be sure to recheck your wiring or the power connections. In reality, this is one of the most difficult parts of making your own electric guitar amp—be sure to give everything a once over if you feel that something may be amiss in your homemade device.
Making your own electric guitar amp is a fantastic way to make the most of your musical talents without breaking the bank. Making your own guitar amp will allow you to practice and perfect your gifts without having to worry about the rising costs of equipment. If you want to further your musical talents on a dime, then you cannot go wrong with making your own electrical guitar amp.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
10 Things Women Expect Men to Know How To Do
To make ladies swoon or at least not cringe, you’d better be able to handle the following…
Speakeasy: Jonathan Banks
The Emmy-nominated Breaking Bad star talks Beverly Hills Cop, Wiseguy, sitcom work and his new flick with Danny Trejo, Bullet. Oh yeah, a few Mike Ehrma …