Here are instructions for how to make your own guitar head stock decal Many guitarists love customizing their guitars, and one of these ways is with head stock decals. This is a fairly simple process if you have all of the right tools, and is a great way to personalize your guitar to fit you!
To make your own guitar head stock decal, you will need:
- A computer with a design editor such as Adobe Photoshop
- Knowledge of how to use Photoshop images efficiently
- Transparency paper
- A spray adhesive
- An unlacquered neck
- Start by lightly sanding the area you want to place the decal. This is to make sure the adhesive sticks the decal to the head stock of the guitar. It also prevents there from being odd reactions from the adhesive with the lacquer.
- Next, designing your image on Photoshop, also known as the fun part! I would suggest something that is close to your heart or just a reference to it. Tip: Be creative, this will be stuck to your guitar for a very long time, so pick something that means a lot to you!
- Print a reverse, or mirror, image of your design onto transparency paper. The reason for the reverse image is so we can flip it over when putting on the guitar to make sure it isn’t exposed to the elements.
- Cut the area around the image to where the edge is about an inch and a half from the edge of the design. This will make sure there aren’t any accidental cuts of the image and all of your hard work!
- Using the spray adhesive, stick the head stock decal to the guitar. Be careful not to put too much of the adhesive, it could make the decal soggy and unappealing!
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.