How To Make Your Own MySpace Layout
There are different ways to learn how to make your own MySpace layout, but the two most common methods are with the MySpace editor or a third party generator. The easiest way to make a layout is using the MySpace editor, but this may not have all of the functions a user wants and can sometimes freeze with certain browsers. This article will tell you how to make a layout ways so you can decide which works best for you.
You will need:
- A MySpace account
- A computer with internet access
- 30 minutes to two hours
- Log in to MySpace and locate the "My Stuff" section. This is usually located on the right side towards the bottom of the page. Select the "Design" option under My Profile.
- You will be taken to a preview of your profile. A box will appear that asks whether you want to build a theme or select a pre-made one. This is up to you, but if you truly want a unique layout, you will need to build one.
- Select a background. You will upload your background picture from your computer or use a URL from the internet. Find the image you want to use and hit "Done."
- Select "Colors" in the top menu of the editor box. Select one of the many color palettes available. If you want to further customize the colors, select one of the palettes and then click on "Edit."
- Click "Fonts" in the top menu. Change the size and type of your header and body text.
- Click "Style" on the top menu. Select a border style.
- Save. When you are happy with all of the changes, select "Publish" and your new layout will be live.
Using a third party generator:
- Find a third party MySpace layout generator. There are several available and most of them operate the same way. Just use your favorite search engine.
- Create your custom layout. There are several tabs along the top of most generators for customizing the background colors or images, graphic, borders, font color and more. Use these tabs to create a completely custom layout.
- Preview several times. As you make changes, be sure to hit the "Preview Layout" button several times to see what the changes will actually look like.
- Generate or get the code. Once you've made all the changes you'd like to your profile and the preview looks great, select the button that says "Get Code" or "Generate Code." Highlight and copy the CSS code.
- Go to MySpace. Log in and go to "Design" under profile.
- Select "No Theme" and "Keep Custom Styles." Click on the CSS section and paste the theme.
- Save. Click "Save" and your new profile will be live!
Both of these methods will show you how to make your own MySpace layout and are very easy to learn. Have fun creating and re-creating your look with them.