Need to know how to make your own playing cards? If you want to make your own playing cards, you will need a computer, an art program and access to a laminator. It can be fun to design and create your own deck. Your friends will love playing with a unique deck, and you can even make decks to sell online or at specialty shops.
To make your own playing cards, you will need:
- A computer
- A art program
- A printer
- Good, heavy paper to print on
- Thin, sturdy glue
- With a pencil and paper, design the backs of your cards. You can also design the backs of your playing cards in your paint program. Design the backs of your cards according to the standard size of playing cards, which is 2 1/2 inches by 3 1/2 inches. You can scan in your drawings or make any kind of back design using your software.
- Make the card faces. Make all suits: clubs, diamonds, hearts and spades, aces through kings. You can design your own faces with your paint program. Make sure that at the top left-hand corners of the cards the number and suit are shown in opposite directions, so that no matter what way you are holding the cards, the suit and number are right-side up. Be creative. Make your own dream deck of playing cards.
- Print the 52 backs and the 52 cards you have designed on heavy paper and carefully cut them out. You can now glue the faces to the backs of the cards you have made. You may want to use a ruler or T-square to keep the edges flush.
- Take the cards to a print shop to have them laminated. This will keep them from being damaged easily and help keep them together. They will be slick and shiny as well. You have now made your own deck of playing cards. You can use these steps to also make a few jokers, just in case a card gets damaged or you want to use jokers in a poker game.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
10 Kung Fu Movies Every Man Should See
From the absolute classics to the so-bad-they're-amazing.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.