How To Make Your Teeth Whiter At Home
Need to learn how to make your teeth whiter at home? Your teeth are the first thing people notice when you smile. If they don't look their best, you may be turned down by the hottie you’re eyeing. There are numerous home remedies to make your teeth whiter and brighter. Most of these remedies work and some not so much. Before you spend money on those high-priced tooth whitening products, try this home remedy. Peroxide is known to whiten teeth and kill germs. Add baking soda for better results.
To make your teeth whiter at home, you will need:
- Baking soda
- Bottle of peroxide
- Warm water
- Brush your teeth. Take a look at your teeth. If it’s been a while since you last brushed your teeth, go ahead and do so.
- Fill cup with warm water. Fill your cup up half way with warm water. Set the cup aside for later. You’ll need the water to rinse your mouth.
- Apply peroxide to brush. Pour a small amount of peroxide on your toothbrush. Do not saturate your toothbrush with too much peroxide. It will irritate your mouth.
- Add baking soda. After wetting your brush with peroxide, take a small pinch of baking soda and place it on the toothbrush. It should be enough to cover the surface, but not too much to fall off the brush.
- Set timer for 2 minutes. Go ahead and set your timer for two minutes. If you have sensitive teeth and gums, set the timer for one minute.
- Apply the mixture. Carefully and slowly apply the baking soda and peroxide mixture to your teeth. Make sure to brush softly in a circular motion on all tooth surfaces. If you feel a slight tingling, it’s only the peroxide attacking any germs or plaque on your teeth and gums.
- Wait two minutes and rinse. After the timer goes off, rinse your mouth with warm water. Complete this step until the baking soda and peroxide taste is gone. You shouldn’t brush or eat for an hour or so. Your mouth may be sensitive after the treatment.
You can also make a paste by mixing the peroxide and baking soda in a separate container. Add enough baking soda until you have a thick paste. Follow the same steps above. If your teeth are stained, it may take up to 2 weeks to make your teeth whiter and give you the desired results you want. It’s best not to whiten your teeth with this method no more than twice a week. Do not complete the process more than this. You can irritate your gums.