Step out of the ordinary cosmopolitan and follow these steps to learn how make a Zola cocktail. Also known as a white knight, the Zola cocktail is the signature drink of a restaurant by the same name in Washington, DC. It takes a twist on the typical cosmopolitan, giving it a similar taste, but more elegant feel.
To make a Zola cocktail you will need:
- Cocktail Shaker
- Muddler or wooden spoon
- Martini glass
- White cranberry juice
- Orange liqueur
- Fresh lime wedge
- Dried cranberries (Craisins)
- Pour ice water into a martini glass. This is a fast and easy way to chill the glass. You can also place the glasses in the refrigerator or freezer a few hours beforehand.
- Fill the cocktail shaker with ice. Plenty of ice will ensure that your Zola cocktail is ice cold. The drink is served up, or in a martini glass without ice.
- Pour two ounces of orange liqueur, two ounces of vodka and one ounce of white cranberry juice over the ice in the shaker. Add the lime wedge in over the liquors and ice. Muddle the mixture using the end of a wooden spoon or a muddler. This crushes the lime and releases some of the oils in the skin, as well as the juice.
- Cover the shaker and mix completely. Shaking the Zola cocktail will not only mix all the ingredients completely, but allow the ice to quickly cool down the drink.
- Dump the ice water from the martini glass and strain the Zola cocktail into it. Many cocktail shakers come with strainers built in, but you can always use another cocktail strainer, or even a spoon. Try and keep all the ice out of the drink.
- Add a few dried cranberries to the glass. The red garnish looks wonderful in the clear Zola cocktail, and they taste even better after soaking in the bottom of your drink.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
Warning! 7 Lies All Women Tell Men
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.
The 7 Best Exercises to Build Arms That Turn Heads
Because who doesn’t want wicked big guns?