How To Manually Remove Spyware
Wondering how to manually remove spyware? Getting rid of the programs sometimes feels like trying to scrape gum off the bottom of a shoe. No matter what you try, it just keeps coming back. Many of them have ways of getting around a firewall when it's least expected. It's difficult to track down where it came from, which means the best bet is to manually remove them.
- Download Spybot's Search and Destroy. It's a free program available at http:// www.safer-networking.org.
Install Search and Destroy, following all prompts. The program will walk you through each step.
- Run the program. Have it scan and immunize per the programs directions. Immunizing prevents the spyware from getting back into the computer.
After all programs are removed per the software, reboot your system.
- Hold down the F5 key as the system restarts. You will be asked if you want to reboot your system in safe mode.
Wait for Windows to load. The desk top may look strange, but all programs are there to be used.
Run Search & Destroy. And only that program. Do not load any other program under any circumstance.
- Let Search & Destroy do its job again. It will find the spyware that resisted removal under normal systems operations.
- Reboot your computer in normal mode once Spybot is finished. The system will now have all of the spyware manually removed.
Consider tipping the developers of Spybot Search And Destroy. It is a very powerful little program, saving the user from hours of downtime.
Spyware will always find a way back onto a system. Be consistent and doing a regular sweep in safe mode. This will keep your system running trouble free and prevent the need to take the computer to an IT professional for a rebuild.