If you were a fan of the canceled soap opera "The Guiding Light", then you may be interested in knowing how many actors have played Alan Spaulding on this once popular show. Of course, if you weren’t a fan and your girlfriend was, you may also be interested in knowing. You could surprise her by showing her that you do care about her interests.
There were a total of six actors who played the part of Alan Spaulding, two of which were only temporary replacements. They were:
- Christopher Bernau, who played the part from November 7, 1977, to May 31, 1884, and then again from May 23, 1986, to June 28, 1988. He originated the role of Alan Spaulding on Guiding Light in 1977 and continued for seven years. At the time, he was known for his dazzling good looks and great acting, but finally had to quit because of bad health. Christoper Bernau was one of the first openly gay men in television. He died in June 1989 from a heart attack.
- Ron Raines took over the role in 1994. During his tenure he won two Daytime Emmy Awards for the character of Alan Spaulding for the years of 2003 and 2004. His award was for Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Daytime Drama. He continued playing until the episode in which Alan Spaulding died of a heart attack. After the character's death, only two more episodes of Guiding Light were aired.
- David Bailey played the part as a temporary replacement for Christopher Bernau, portraying Alan Spaulding from January through February of 1979.
- Wayne Tippet also played Alan Spaulding as a temporary replacement for Christopher Bernau for the summer of 1982.
- Daniel Pilon played the part from July 25, 1988, to June 23, 1989, and again on August 28 and September 21, 1989, and finally on January 16,1990.
- Jeff Branson played the part in flashback scenes as a teenage version of Alan Spaulding during the winter of 2004.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.