How many miles can a 2000 Nissan Altima get? According to the EPA (Environmental Protection Agency) a Nissan Altima will get 18 miles city/26 miles highway for an automatic transmission vehicle. The 2000 Nissan Altima manual transmission vehicle will get 18 mi. city/26 mi. highway (1). There are many factors that contribute to the mileage of a 2000 Nissan Altima.
- The EPA calculates mileage for every new vehicle designated for use in the US. Keep in mind that the EPA guidelines are not necessarily what you will get for your miles per gallon. EPA tests will attempt to factor a diverse amount of driving conditions in order to come up with an MPG rating.
- Your own individual driving factors will greater affect the EPA estimate up or down. Driving short trips in the city with your Nissan Altima will often result in lower mileage. When a vehicle has not reached optimum driving temperature, you will use more gas. This is especially true in wintertime driving. If you are in a climate where snowfall is prevalent, it is best to garage your vehicle. Garaging your vehicle can act as additional insulation. This allows you to keep the car engine in a warmer condition, allowing for shorter warm-up times.
- Storing items in your 2000 Nissan Altima trunk will also decrease mileage. Adding weight to the vehicle will make the engine work much harder. Remove items from the vehicle, unless you absolutely need them.
- Increasing your fuel economy can be done with paying attention to your driving habits. Accelerating gently will greatly improve your overall mileage. Do not always drive the shortest distance route. Shorter routes may be more congested, and you will have better fuel economy by picking less congested routes.
- Always combine shorter trips when possible, to reduce engine warm up times. Proactively planning your drive will improve the mileage for your 2000 Nissan Altima.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Meet Amber Heard, Billion-Dollar Girlfriend
Girl picks herself some winners, wallet-wise.
What You Can Learn From Your Date’s Outfit—Including How Luc...
From the daddy’s girl to the free spirit to the trendsetter, we’ve got you covered.
10 Reasons Your Wife Is Unhappy in Your Marriage
Don't shoot the messenger. This is what science says.