How To Massage With Hot Stones
Learning how to massage with hot stones is a great way to give someone special a treat. There really is nothing like a hot stone massage. Not only do these little heated rocks provide relaxation, but there are also numerous health benefits. They relieve tension, reduce aches and pains, and can even alleviate sore knots. There are many professional massage therapists who specialize in this massage technique; however, if you are looking for something a little more intimate, it is easy to learn hot to massage with hot stones right from the comfort of your own home.
To learn hot to massage with hot stones you will need:
- Stone Heater or Slow cooker
- Massage Stones
- Oil (Baby Oil, Massage Oil)
- Heat the stones. Prepare the stones by coating them with the oil and then placing in the stone heater or slow cooker. When heating the massage stones, you should check them every ten minutes. They should be very warm, but not intensely hot when you use them.
- After carefully removing the stones from the heater, have the person receiving the massage lie down on there back. Begin by coating there face in oil and placing, four small stones on the checks, chin, and forehead.
- Massage arms and legs with hot stones. Leaving the hot stones on the face, you can now begin focusing on the arms and legs. After Coating the limbs in the oil, begin rubbing the stones onto the bare skin with a circular motion. Focus on applying steady pressure, and really work on the joints and pressure points.
- Massage chest and stomach. Using the same techniques as step four, begin massaging the chest. You can use wide circular motions, making sure to check in with the recipient about the amount of applied pressure you are using.
- Turn the recipient over and repeat. After twenty to thirty minutes, remove the hot stones from the face, and have the recipient turn over. You can begin by placing hot stones strategically on their back; or you can again just focus on massaging their arms, legs, back, and buttocks with the hot stones.