How To Massage Yourself
There is no shame in wanting to learn how to massage yourself. In fact, it can be quite a freeing experience. Normally, to receive a massage, you are at the mercy of another person. They have to want to do it, and they have to be in the right mood. If you learn how to massage yourself, you will never have this obstacle again. You can do it any time and anywhere.
To learn how to massage yourself, you will need:
- Epsom Salt
- Massage Oils or Hand Lotion
- Small to Medium Sized ball
- The best self-massage will start with a heated bath. For extra-added effect, throw in some Epsom salts. This gets your muscles loosened up, and helps you relax as you try to reach some of those hard to get at places.
- Turn on some relaxing music. When you massage yourself, it is important not to focus too much on your own hands. So turn on some music and let yourself zone out.
- After rinsing and drying off, grab the ball, and lay down on your back. Place the ball between your shoulder blades and begin to roll the ball around the center of your back. You can also do this standing against the wall. Focus on any tight spots and sore muscles.
- Next, using both hands, firmly grasp the tops of your shoulder. Begin to rub this area. You may need to do this for a long period of time. Some tight muscles need a lot of work to get the kinks out.
- Using the same motion you used on your shoulder, now focus on your legs. Work on the calves, thighs, and ankles. The Achilles tendon, located on the back of the foot, is another place that holds a lot of tension.
- Let yourself distress. After you massage yourself, it is important not to just get back up and run around. Allow yourself to lie down for a few moments and let your muscles relax. This way you can truly enjoy the benefits of the self-massage.