How To Maximize Twitter
Learning how to maximize Twitter is a fun and effective way to promote your business or expand your personal network. It is also not nearly as hard as you may imagine. Just follow these steps and soon you will be on the road to internet-based stardom.
- Fill out your profile. If you haven’t done this already get on it. You have be sure that it is relevant and includes keywords that make sense for your goals. These keywords should not be used as a list, but as a natural part of the description to maximize your Twitter usage.
- Follow other people on Twitter. Start with your friends and the feeds of sites/bloggers you enjoy. From there, you can move onto their followers in Twitter and extended networks to create a base group. Many people will follow you back out of courtesy on Twitter. This, of course, will not keep them around; for that you will need step three.
- Create interesting and relevant posts and put them up on Twitter. Be sure to offer your followers something of value, like a link or a question.
- Reply to others posts. This will get you viewed on their feeds, hence widening your influence. It also helps to create a challenge.
- Add a "follow me" button to any sites or profiles that you maintain. This way people who already enjoy your content can subscribe to the feed. If you have blog, Myspace page, ect., then you may want to consider embedding a widget as well.
- Sustain regular posting and community engagement. Failure to use your account is worse then not having one at all.
Now you will have a army of followers in no time at all.