How To Measure Feet
Shoes come in every shape and size, so knowing how to measure feet will ensure you not only get the best fit, but will also help ensure your shoes will last you a long time and that you will likely keep them longer. There is nothing more uncomfortable then a pair of shoes in the wrong size, so follow this step by step guideline and make sure you always have the right size.
In order to measure your feet, you will need:
- Piece of paper
- Measuring tape
- The first step to measuring your feet is to lay the piece of paper flat on the ground and have your pencil ready. Make sure your on even ground for an accurate measuring of your feet size.
- Next, stand on the piece of paper with one of your feet. Make sure your standing up and putting all your weight onto the foot pressing on the piece of paper so you get the right size of your foot.
- Take the pencil and outline the foot that is standing on the piece of the paper. Make sure your pencil is perpendicular to the piece of paper to ensure you get an accurate tracing of your foot on the piece of paper.
- Make sure that the tracing of your foot is a straight line from the tip of your longest toe to the heel of your foot. You also want to make sure you get a line from one side of your foot to the other, ensuring you get the farthest edge of your foot on the left to the right.
- Once the tracing of your foot is done, use the measuring tape to get a measurement from the heel of your foot to the tip of your toe. Measure this length in inches, to the nearest sixteenth of an inch.
- In order to figure out the width of your foot, measure from one side to the other, measuring to the nearest sixteenth of an inch as well.
- Once you have the measurements, you will convert using this conversion table:
8 11/16 = size 5 8 13/16 = size 5.5 9 = size 6 9 3/16 = size 6.5 9 5/16 = size 7 9 1/2 = size 7.5 9 11/16 = size8 9 13/16 = size 8.5 10 = size 9 10 3/16 = size 9.5 10 5/16 = size 10 10 1/2 = size 10.5 10 11/16 = size 11 10 13/16 =size 11.5 11 = size 12