How To Measure Goalie Gloves For Soccer
Learning how to measure goalie gloves for soccer is vital for providing properly fitting gear for a goalkeeper. Goalie gloves are an important piece of the goalkeeper’s equipment, as important as a solid pair of cleats in fact. A proper fit for the goalie's gloves plays into his confidence level and affects the lifespan of the goalie gloves. Goalie gloves that are measured and fit correctly instill confidence through a snug fit and allow for better handling of the soccer ball. The lack of movement or slippage in the glove gives the goalie added comfort.
- Decide on a price range. This is best to do before you start trying on goalie gloves for soccer.
- Pick a style or styles you like. Consider the design, padding and material. When playing goalie in soccer, it is important to express your individuality.
- Gauge your size. Goalie gloves are measured like cleats in that there are numerous sizes. Having a proper fit will help you out on the soccer field. Goalie gloves should fit snugly around the hand.
- The wrists should have an adjustable strap that can be tightened as necessary. Because of this, you want some leeway around your wrist.
- Another important point is where your fingers are in relation to the tips of the glove. Like cleats, a little wiggle room is nice, but too much is problematic. Make sure there is no more than one-half inch of space between your fingertips and the ends of the glove.
- Once you have found your fit, you are ready to choose your gloves. Keep in mind that if your glove size is ten, for example, you may not be a ten with every manufacturer, so be sure to try new pairs of gloves on. When playing soccer, your gloves may wear out quickly, so buying a new pair is not an impossibility.