To learn how to meet women in college, you first need to decide what you want out of the meeting. Are you looking for a friend, a hookup, or a girlfriend? After you've answered this question, you will want to consider where you meet them, since the location of the meeting is fundamental to how you approach them. This guide will help you determine how to act, depending on the location. The most important thing to remember when meeting women in college is to respect them- it will be immediately obvious if you're just talking to them to hit on them. You want to have real conversations with no real goal in mind. Remember this: be patient and be casual. No one likes to feel like they're getting approached.
- Library. This may seem the most obvious place to meet women in the college, but you might notice that it's almost impossible to talk here, since everyone has their earphones jammed into their ears and are already angry at their work. The best place to meet women in the library is the printer. When you see a woman you want to meet heading over there, walk there, too (maybe try printing something, so it's not totally weird). Say something witty about the printers. If she responds, you can ask what she's printing, for what class, then volunteer the same information.
- Class. Class is absolutely the best place to meet women in college. When you see someone you want to meet, try to sit nearby. You may not have this opportunity at first. So, instead, walk up to her as everyone leaves and say something about the class. If she talks to you, ask her why she's taking the class, how hard she thinks it is, anything like that. The next class, it won't be as weird if you sit down next to her and talk to her. Another great part of classes is to arrange study groups. Ask her if she wants to study for an exam or a project. If it might be awkward, invite some other people from the class, too.
- Clubs/Groups/Committees. Joining extracurricular activities is another great way to meet women in college. The key is that you will have something in common to talk about and work on and that's incredibly important, wherever you meet. If you meet her somewhere else and learn about her involvement in Club X, say that you might be interested in it and check it out. It certainly can't hurt. If you really just want to meet women, then definitely consider joining something extracurricular.
- Parties/Bars/Nightclubs. Of course, nothing screams "meet women in college" like the drinking scene. Before you throw back the shots, however, just consider that women aren't necessarily charmed by sloppy, drunken messes. It's better to casually drink, so you can actually hold an interesting conversation. Ask her who she knows at the party, make a comment about the party, then take it to classes and majors and hometowns after that. It doesn't matter how attractive you are if you're drooling and tripping into walls. Women want to feel a connection before they really consider getting to know you.
- Cafeteria. If you see one of your friends sitting with a woman you would like to meet, sit with that friend. A lot of time in college, you'll notice that you end up sitting with the same people over and over, even though you know other people sitting elsewhere. This really won't help you meet women in college, so try to expand your social sphere. Talk to the friend at first, then introduce yourself to everyone else at the table, including her.
There are the five primary places to meet women in college. When you are meeting women in college, remember that you all have one thing in common at least: the campus itself. She can identify with anything you can think to say about it. That will lead to deeper conversations. Again, it can't be stressed enough that she will not want to feel like you are hitting on her. Just have a normal, casual conversation. Be patient and be casual and you will meet women in college.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
15 Shirts Women Simply Can’t Resist—and Why
From Ts to button-downs and beyond, these must-haves will get her everlovin’ attention.
As Boogie Nights Turns 20, Here’s What You Didn’t Kno...
Fun facts about Paul Thomas Anderson, Dirk Diggler, Rollergirl and more.
19 Men’s Grooming Gaffes That Totally Turn Women Off
And what to do about them.