How to Meet Women Online
Every tech-savvy dudes needs to know how to meet women onine. Meeting women online is becoming easier and less of a social stigma in the 21st century. There are many ways to meet women online, but the short answer is: Social Media. Social media is the dynamic, Web 2.0 platform where web applications and databases serve as a purpose of people sharing and interactivity. Examples of social media run the gamut of MySpace and Facebook, blogging, online dating, and even Internet message board forums. Lets look at some of the platforms in detail, to get a sense of where you can meet women online.
- Facebook and MySpace Facebook and MySpace, and other less popular counterparts like Friendster and Bebo, all exist to create individual profiles for you and your friends. Once you make your profile and sign up for the service, you can search your friends through email, full name, or through your e-mail address book. The ability to search for new people allows you the opportunity to meet new people, particularly women, that you've never been acquainted with before. Beware exclusivity, however. Some women will not add random people. Try breaking the ice by sending them a friendly message first, that way she can decide whether or not you're a creep.
- Twitter If you haven't heard of Twitter yet, then you must be living under a rock. This 140 character or less typebyte is a way to meet other people (or tweeple) with similar interests. It can be fun interacting in small sentences and "getting to know" the people you follow. Many meet-ups (or tweet-ups) have been started by Twitter so your chances of meeting women can increase as your Twitter nerd increases.
- Online Dating Plenty of dating websites are out there specifically to help you find your match. Meeting women in this way shouldn't be too hard because everyone is out there to find somebody. Still, with such a high saturation, you may be left in the dust from all the competition. Make sure that your profile is detailed and represents you as much as possible. Don't be generic.
- Blogging A large majority of bloggers happen to be women. Contrary to popular belief, most women bloggers aren't unattractive. They can actually be quite hot. Get to know them well enough and comment on their blogs and you just might form an online chatting relationship with them, which just might lead to meeting them in person. Beware of mommy bloggers as you can assume they come complete with a daddy blogger.
- Internet Forums The sharing of ideas and information can be a great avenue for finding like-minded women. Messaging forum members is a common option if you want to get more personal with a particular user. It serves as the forum's own e-mail box. Depending on how well you click, the exchange of internet messenger handles can facilitate more one-on-one communication, and go from there.
- Gaming Last but not least, you can meet women through online gaming. There are women that exist as geeky gamers and depending on your taste, this could be a great thing, especially if they end up being hot.