How To Meet Women
If you’re a single guy who sometimes finds yourself at a loss about how to meet women, you aren’t alone. Figuring out how to meet women is no small task. Women often dislike being approached by men they don’t know in public, even in bars, coffee shops and other common singles hangouts where it seems natural to meet women. The key to meeting women is finding opportunities to naturally engage them in conversation.
- Be genuine. Don’t use cheesy pickup lines. They rarely work, and most women will think you’re a jerk or a goofball if you try to use one. If you want to meet a woman, try starting a natural, everyday conversation with her.
- Find things to talk about in your environment. If you’re standing next to an attractive woman in line and the couple ahead of you is fighting, make an innocuous comment about it. If you’re in a bookstore and you see a woman reading a book you like, tell her you enjoyed the book and ask if she likes it. If she orders a coffee drink you like, tell her so, and tell her about another, similar drink you enjoy that she might like. Any shared interest or immediate shared experience, no matter how small, can be a conversation starter for meeting a woman. Once you have her interest, keep talking with her. Be sure to ask questions and give her a chance to talk, too.
- Go for women who are alone or accompanied by only one or two friends in bars and clubs. Women who are out together in large groups are rarely looking to meet men. They’re usually having a girls’ night out. Women who go to bars alone or in small groups, however, are often there to meet men.
- Meet women online. You can use dating sites that cost money or free venues like Facebook, local chat rooms and Craigslist. Try getting to know women on Facebook through mutual friends, meeting women in local chat rooms and browsing the singles postings on Craigslist. If you want to meet women in person, make sure you treat them with the same genuine interest and respect online as you would in real life. Be attentive, ask questions and listen, and give a woman time to get comfortable with you before expecting an in-person meeting.
- Don’t be afraid of rejection. Overcoming your fear of rejection is the most important thing you can do to meet women. No matter how well you refine your ability to engage women in conversation, you will face rejection sometimes. The easier it is for you to shake it off, the better you’ll feel and the more quickly you’ll be able to move on to the next opportunity. Often, the rejection isn’t personal and has nothing to do with you.