You want to know how to melt gold at home. Melting gold at home is easy and it can be fun. Once you melt your gold at home, you can form the gold into another piece of jewelry. You can do whatever you want with the gold once you melt it. It is up to you.
What You Will Need:
- A crucible-a reactionary container usually made of clay
- Acetylene torch
- Crucible tongs
- Ingot mold or bucket of water
- Leather gloves
- Gold you want to melt
- Ideas about what you will change your melted gold into
- A work bench
- Set up a place in your house to melt gold. You could use your garage, a spare room, or a shed. Where you melt the gold is up to you. Make sure you have a workbench to set all your materials on.
- Take all of your gold and put it into the crucible container. This crucible container is usually made of clay. If you do not want to buy a crucible, find an old clay jar at a flea market. Make sure the clay jar is sturdy enough to melt your gold in it.
- Melt your gold with the acetylene torch. The acetylene torch gets hot enough to melt your gold. Make sure you wear protective goggles and leather gloves when you work with the acetylene torch. You do not want to hurt or burn yourself when you melt your gold. Your gold is a soft metal and it will melt quickly. It would be a good idea to figure what you will do with your gold before you melt it.
- Be ready to form your gold into whatever you decided to form. You could make new jewelry out of your melted gold. You could make an ingot of gold. You can choose whatever you want to make out of your gold. Make it before the gold hardens. Let the gold cool. Give the gold away as a present or keep it for yourself.
- Clean up your mess and put all your materials away. Keep all your materials organized for the next time you decide to melt gold.
- Always be safe when working with hot materials.
- Never buy cheap gold
- Learn your gold melting skill and teach it to your friends
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
Emma Watson and Other Child Stars Who Grew Up To Be Hot
Throughout the Harry Potter film series, we've seen Emma Watson transform from a lovable child star into a burgeoning sex symbol. She's not the first actress to do so, and she cert …
10 Things Women Expect Men to Know How to Do
To make ladies swoon or at least not cringe, master these skills. (Yes, several are car-related.)