Learn how to mix and match your wardrobe by simply making wise decisions. It is not necessary to spend lots of money on clothing to have a diverse wardrobe that you can mix and match. It just takes a basic knowledge to learn different tricks to enhance your clothing options.
- The first step is to take inventory of your closet. Take notice of what you have and what you do not. Keep in mind what the major color in your existing wardrobe consists of, as well as what colors are lacking. Observe what your main style seems to be according to what you already have.
- Perform the process of elimination. It has always been the best option to throw out any clothing that has not been worn in the past two months. Of course, this does not pertain to non-wear for seasonal reasons. Obviously if these items are unused, they need to go.
- Shop for useful additions to you wardrobe. As stated before, these items should not be expensive, nor should you buy large quantities of clothing. Just a few classics, accessories and trendy pieces to supplement your wardrobe. Some examples of useful pieces are dress slacks, white shirts and one very nice pair of shoes.
- It's time for hands-on wardrobe resurrection. With everything removed from your closet, mix and match outfits complete with slacks, shirts and one accessory, such as a belt or tie. As you are dressing the hanger, take note of other clothing items that can be interchanged with each other. Place them close together on the closet rack.
- Remember these basic rules on mixing and matching. The color black goes well with everything and is very sliming, as is brown. Horizontal stripes give the appearance of being larger as vertical stripes elongate. Also, if you have the time, visit a fashion consultant and discover your seasonal colors. With this particular knowledge, you will always be able to dress your best. Your seasonal colors determine whether you look ill or amazing.
- Have a trade day with friends. Another option for mixing and matching your wardrobe is to trade clothing items with friends. Some articles that they no longer wear or like could be exactly what you need to accentuate your existing wardrobe, and vice versa. This can be an educational experience as you can discover what items complement you that you would never buy for yourself. This can change your whole outlook on shopping.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
Made Man Food Shows
We all love great food—and the people who make it! Our culinary video series introduces you to the country's best chefs and experts, so you can become one yourself. Pull up a chair …
We all love fine food—and the people who make it! Eats introduces you to those folks, taking you into the kitchens of all kinds of culinary luminaries. From BBQ to vegan, eco-frien …