Need to know how to mod a PS3 controller? There are many ways that you can mod your PS3 controller to improve your gaming experience. Rapid fire options work best for shooters and the occasional fighting game, and some people find adding an extra light useful. Before a gamer can modify any of his gaming controllers, he must take the system apart. To modify a PS3 controller, you will need an extra PS3 controller, a soldering iron, some soldering wire and about $12.
To mod a PS3 controller, you will need:
- A 555 timer
- A 10K ohm resistor
- A 56K ohm resistor
- .01 uF polyester film capacitor
- 1.0 uF electrolytic capacitor
- NPN transistor
- Momentary switch
- Take the case of the PS3 controller you want to mod apart. This part usually requires a Phillips head screwdriver. Remove the casings but be careful not to touch the wiring yet.
- Take the 555 timer and place it upside down. Connect the two wires on the top right. Attach the 10K ohm resistor to the 555 timer pins you just pulled apart.
- Attach the 56K ohm resistor to the 10K ohm resistor and the 555 timer. Find the end of the bottom pin on the left hand side. Attach the 1.0 uF electrolytic capacitor to the third pin on the right and the first pin on the top. Now place the .01 uF electrolytic capacitor. Connect the pin on the bottom right with the top pin on the upper left.
- Use a small wire to connect the pin on the bottom left with the top pin on the upper right. Connect the wires proceeding in similar fashion until all the pins are connected. You now have the basis of the unit that will make your PS3 controller rapid fire. Attach an output wire to the third pin down on the left hand side.
- Attach another wire to the top two points on the left hand side. Connect the 555 timer base and bend the unconnected two prongs forward. To mod your PS3 controller for rapid fire operation, you need to place this unit on board the controller buttons. Place a small piece of tape over the transistor so that the transistor itself does not get soldered.
- Attach a wire to two metal points at the very edge of the PS3 controller board. Use a piece of tape again to protect any chips. Solder the wires. Connect these wires to the positive and negative ends of the controller's battery.
- Connect the battery wires to the timer. The negative goes to the top right one, while the positive end goes to the bottom left. Drill a small hole where the timer unit will fit. Test the modded PS3 controller to see if it works. If it does not, you may have ruined the controller.
- Put the now modded PS3 controller back together. If you have followed the steps above correctly, you have saved yourself at least $10 over the cost of a commercial rapid fire PS3 controller.
There are other mods you can do to your PS3 controller, but this is likely to be the most useful one for people who enjoy playing first person shooters like Call of Duty, Splinter Cell and Bioshock.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
15 Women Confess the One Thing They’d Never Admit to T...
"I masturbate any opportunity I get when he is not home.”
Sarah Huckabee Sanders Dropped a Whopper, but It’s Not One o...
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.
Do This Surprising Thing and Science Says Women Will Be All ...
No, it's not "buy a Ferrari."