Learning how to mount front speakers properly in your living room, home theater, or other listening area can greatly enhance the visual appearance and listening experience. There are a few different ways to do this. You can buy speakers designed to be wall or ceiling mounted, buy in wall speakers, or mount regular speakers on the wall. Follow these steps to learn about how to mount front speakers.
What you will need:
- Speaker mounts
- Wall anchors
- Speaker wire
- Tape measure
- Mark the location where you will mount the speakers. Use a level and tape measure to make sure the locations will be at the right height and at equal distances. Chalk works well for marking these locations.
- Install speaker mounts. Use wall anchors to securely fasten them to the wall, or screw them into studs.
- If you have a center channel speaker, install it directly over the television. Use the tape measure again to find the right spot on the wall in the middle. Move the TV out of the way after marking the area on the wall to avoid getting wall material on it while attaching the speaker. Use wall anchors, or again use a stud on the wall if it is centered behind the TV.
- Run speaker wire from the speakers to the audio source. You can run the wire through the walls, or use cable covers to run the speaker along the wall.
- Test the speakers by playing some music. Check the cable connections if one of the speakers does not work properly.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
15 Women Confess the One Thing They’d Never Admit to T...
"I masturbate any opportunity I get when he is not home.”
Sarah Huckabee Sanders Dropped a Whopper, but It’s Not One o...
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.
15 Signs She Wants You to Come Talk to Her at the Bar
These not-so-subtle hints mean legit interest—and time for action.