How To Mount A Home Stereo Speaker
You recently purchased a home stereo speaker system and want to know how to mount a home stereo speaker? Knowing exactly how and where to mount speakers can sometimes seem a little tricky. When mounting speakers, you have a huge variety of different options and arrangements to choose from. Mounting speakers allow for a little bit more flexibility with your placement as well as giving you a better quality sound. You can easily have your stereo speakers mounted on your wall in no time by following a few simple steps.
To mount a home stereo speaker you need:
- home stereo system
- speaker wire
- mounting brackets
- Determine where you want to mount your speakers. Based upon where you will be sitting in the room, decide on the best locations for where you would like your home stereo speakers to be mounted. You can test the sound by having someone hold up the speakers in the area where you are considering mounting them in.
- Screw in the mounting brackets. Depending on where you decided to mount the home stereo speakers, carefully screw the mounting brackets into place. Position the home stereo speakers correctly on the mounts.
- Run the speaker wire from the speakers to the stereo. Properly measure the length needed for the speaker wire. Run the wire loosely from the speaker to the stereo allowing an additional five to eight inches of flexibility for the wire.
- Secure the speaker wire. Mount the speaker wire in a permanent place. Find the easiest way to hide or secure the speaker wire. You can run the wire neatly along a baseboard or floorboard, or possibly run it under carpet. To secure the wire in place, use tape or staple it.
- Connect the speaker wire to the back of the speaker. Once the home stereo speakers are mounted and the wire is secure place, you can now hook up the wire. Carefully place the black (negative) wire to the negative slot on the speaker and place the red (positive) wire to the positive slot on the back of the speaker. Hook up the other end of the wire to the stereo the exact same way. Enjoy the use of your mounted speakers.