How To Mount An LCD TV
You've just purchased a new LCD TV and want to know how to mount a LCD TV. It's an easy decision to have an LCD TV mounted to the wall because it doesn't take up any floor space in your living area and it gives easy access to viewing. Although the project can seem overwhelming, it's not that difficult with the right tools. By having a helper to assist you with mounting the LCD TV and having the right tools, you can follow these steps and have it done in no time.
To mount a LCD TV you need:
- LCD TV
- Mounting kit
- Measuring tape
- Socket set
- Find a location on the wall to mount your LCD TV. Think about the seating arrangement in the room, how much wall space you will need and where the speakers will be placed to help you decide where to mount the LCD TV.
- Install the studs and the mounting bolts. Depending upon the size of your television, between one and two studs should be enough. The studs will also allow for the mounting bolts to be driven into something solid. This will help support the weight of both the LCD TV and the mounting bracket. Measure and mark the drill holes for the anchors and stud location using a pencil.
- Secure the mounting rails. Make sure that the mounting rails are tight and secure. Make sure that the mounting rails are the right fit and they are hidden properly behind the television.
- Cut a hole for the wires. You can use a drywall saw to cut the hole for the wires to come through. To make a little bit easier for yourself, you can purchase a wall box from the store and put all of the wires in the exit hole.
- Set up the bolt anchors. Carefully drill the holes for the bolt anchors in the location that you had marked with a pencil. Now place the bolt anchors into the holes you drilled and gently tap them with a hammer to secure them in place.
- Secure the wall mount onto the wall. Once the wall mount is on the wall, use a socket wrench to tightly secure the mounting bolts to the anchors. Make sure everything is evened out properly.
- Place the LCD TV onto the mount. Have your helper to help you lift the LCD TV on the wall mount. Make sure everything is locked down tightly into place. Enjoy your newly mounted LCD TV.