If you are wondering "how much is my Omega watch worth?" there is no simple answer to that question. The Omega Watch Company was founded back in 1848 in Switzerland, and it has always been their goal to continue making technological and design improvements over all these years. Omega watches are renowned to be extremely accurate and versatile and are among the most popular watches in the world. Omega watches have even been chosen to time over 20 Olympic games.
- The value of an Omega watch can vary greatly depending on many details such as the condition and the materials used in it. All Omega watches undergo extensive and strict laboratory and tests in real life, after all facets of the watch are designed and approved by the Board of Directors.
- Omega has a Vintage Information Database that gives many details on vintage models. Omegawatches.com also has good information.
- The best way to identify the watch is from the serial number. It is usually located on the outside of the watch on the back, or on the back of the lug (the protrusions where a strap would be attached) closest to the seven o'clock position.
- If the watch is on a strap (worth even more if on an original Omega bracelet) and it is clean and fully operable, it could normally be worth approximately $150 to $350.
- If the watch is solid gold, it is worth more. The gold content must be 14K or 18K solid, not filled.
- If the watch is dated from the 1980's or later, it may sell for US $500, up to 50% of the original retail price.
- Automatic mechanical watches that don't need winding also have increased value. They wind with the motion of your wrist.
- You can check completed auctions and used watch dealer sites online to see what your model has sold for recently. This will give you a good idea of its value.
- The National Association of Watch & Clock Collectors, Inc. (NAWCC) is another good source of information. The site has discussions about specific Omega watch models, such as the 1945 "US Army" Omega watch.
- If the Omega watch has a history behind it, it would be worth much more. President Kennedy's Inauguration Watch, worth about US $1,000, sold for US $420,000!
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor ...
Emma Watson and Other Child Stars Who Grew Up To Be Hot
Throughout the Harry Potter film series, we've seen Emma Watson transform from a lovable child star into a burgeoning sex symbol. She's not the first actress to do so, and she cert ...
Dove Men Shave Cream