You may be wondering how much salt does it take to float an egg? This is an excellent question for children who are eager to learn more about science. Using salt to float an egg teaches children about density. Your egg is more dense than plain water in a glass. That is why it does not float. The trick is to use salt to make the water more dense than the egg.
To find out how much salt It takes to float an egg you will need the following items:
- 8 oz. drinking glass
- 4 oz. water
- Notebook and a pencil
Follow these steps to perform your experiment:
- Place your water in to your drinking glass. You're on your way to floating an egg.
- Set your egg in the water. Don't worry, the egg shouldn't float yet.
- Get out your tablespoon and use it to measure your salt. Place your first tablespoon of salt in to your glass and stir until combined.
- Keep track of what you're doing in your notebook. Each time you add a tablespoon, you will want to record it. Record any changes that you may see happening.
- Add one tablespoon at a time until you see your egg float. This may be slightly different for each person because it depends on the size egg that you use, and how wide the inside of your glass is.
- Count how many tablespoons you used once you see the egg float. This is your total. You can also try the experiment with sugar instead of salt, or use a hard boiled egg instead of a raw egg.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor ...
7 Ways To Hide An Erection From Wandering Eyes
Sure, you're not thirteen anymore, but hot chicks and hot thoughts can still leave a man in need of a very cold shower. Pronto. In your defense however, it's not always sexual thou ...
Emma Watson and Other Child Stars Who Grew Up To Be Hot
Throughout the Harry Potter film series, we've seen Emma Watson transform from a lovable child star into a burgeoning sex symbol. She's not the first actress to do so, and she cert ...