How To Naturally Boost Testosterone Levels
Men suffering from low testosterone should learn about how to naturally boost testosterone levels. Prescription medications are available but can cause side effects such as acne, high cholesterol and more. Luckily, there are several simple and natural approaches to raising testosterone levels.
- Start a regular exercise program. Like so many health concerns, testosterone levels can be positively affected through regular physical activity. It doesn't matter what type of exercise you decide to do, just get started and participate regularly. If you have the time, try to include both cardiovascular fitness and strength training for a well-rounded regimen.
- Lose excess body weight. Much like exercise, weight maintenance goes a long way toward maintaining optimal health. In men, excess fat increases estrogen levels, leading to a corresponding drop in testosterone levels. To lose body fat, cut unhealthy fats out of the diet and avoid simple carbohydrates. Replace them with healthier foods such as complex carbohydrates, lean protein and plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables. Studies suggest that cruciferous vegetables may play an especially important role in naturally boosting testosterone levels.
- Have more sex. Having an erection makes testosterone levels rise significantly. Plus, it can't hurt, it's fun and you'll even burn a little body fat doing it.
- Include monounsaturated fat in the diet. While you want to avoid saturated fat, monounsaturated fat has been associated with higher testosterone levels in men. Nuts contain high levels of monounsaturated fat, as do peanut butter and olive oil.
- Drink in moderation. Those who have had the unpleasant experience of overindulging in alcohol and subsequently not had the ability to perform in the bedroom know that alcoholic beverages have negative sexual effects. Excessive daily drinking (more than 3 drinks a day) lowers testosterone levels by acting on the endocrine system, causing the testes to stop producing testosterone. Thus, limiting alcohol consumption is an easy and natural way to boost testosterone levels.
- Try an herbal supplement. There are several different supplement blends available on the market today which are intended to naturally boost testosterone levels. Many contain ingredients such as DHEA, horny goat weed and tribulus. While these supplements claim to boost testosterone levels and may indeed do so, keep in mind that such claims don't often have scientific studies to back them up. Likewise, ask your doctor before starting any new supplement.
These 6 ways to naturally boost testosterone levels are simple and safe. By following these guidelines, most men will succeed in increasing testosterone levels naturally without the use of prescription medications and their unwanted side effects. Learn how to naturally boost testosterone levels and start enjoying increased levels of strength, vigour and vitality.