If you have been dealing with an unsightly sweating issue and are desperate to find out how to not sweat as much, know that you are not alone. Not everyone can forgo antiperspirants like Matthew McConaughey. Your body obviously needs to sweat sometimes; it would be terribly unhealthy if your body did not sweat at all, but if you sweat much more than others, don’t fret. Perhaps you just haven’t tried the things that will work for your unique situation. Here are just a few ways to tame those glands if your deodorant just isn’t cutting it.
- Tomato juice
- Wheat grass
- Cotton balls
- Hand towels
- Close up those pores with vinegar. Use the vinegar externally and internally. Of course, no one relishes smelling like vinegar, but desperate times call for desperate measures if you want to learn how not to sweat. Get cotton balls and soak them with vinegar. Place a hand towel underneath your armpit and rub the cotton ball on your skin. Vinegar closes up your pores and thus, prevents sweating. Also, drink a glass of white vinegar every day for a week (before meals).
- Drink and wear tomato juice. If you can stand tomato juice, dilute it with a small amount of water and a pinch of salt, and drink it every day for one week. Try to buy fresh tomatoes and squeeze your own juice. Additionally, put a little bit of the leftover pulp under your arms before you shower and leave it on for about fifteen minutes. Tomato juice has a ton of health benefits. It helps to keep your body from overheating, while greatly reducing the chance of heart disease and cancer.
- Drink wheat grass. If you already live a healthy lifestyle, this step won’t be much of a stretch for you. However, for most, wheat grass may be an acquired taste, but at least you don’t have to wear it like the last step. As with the tomato juice, drink a glass of wheat grass everyday and you should rapidly notice that you are not sweating as much. It’s a very potent concoction and works well to help you learn how to not sweat.
- Wear potato juice. Slice open a potato and leave the skin on. Before your shower, rub the potato under your arms or any other place where you sweat much. Sure, it’s strange and no one actually knows how potatoes help, but many health professionals swear by them.
- I t is vital to see your doctor if none of these tips work for you. You may have a condition called hyperhydrosis or high blood pressure. In the interim, try to eliminate caffeinated drinks, eat a well-balanced diet and limit your alcohol intake. If you are still not successful in your quest to learn how not to sweat, you can always pick up some inexpensive underarm shields.