How To Open The Back On A Seiko Watch
Most people don't know how to open the back on a Seiko watch. This is mainly because Seiko watches have different kinds of backs to them than the average watch does. Seiko watches either have a snap back or a screw on back. Whichever one you have, below are directions to how to open the back of a Seiko watch.
You will need:
- soft cloth or Kleenex
- soft surface
- small mini screwdriver
- Turn over the watch and make sure to set it on a soft surface that is also stable. A soft surface may be a towel or a mouse pad. Make sure that the watch is on a scratch free surface so that the front of the watch does not end up damaged.
- Use a soft cloth such as a Kleenex and wipe the back of the Seiko watch. Doing this will remove any debris or dirt that could fall into the watch once it is opened. If debris fall into the watch, it could end up damaged and stop working.
- Look at the type of back on the Seiko watch. Usually Seiko watches have snap backs or screw on backs. Snap backs are which there are many slots on the case back of the watch, and screw on backs are where the back is smooth with a small dent on the side. You will need a small screw driver to open the back of both of these types.
- For the snap back, put the flat edge of the screwdriver in the indent between the case back and the watch on the back of the case. Slowly and softly wiggle the screwdriver to open the case back. Make sure not to wiggle the screwdriver to roughly or you could break the back of the watch.
- For the screw on back, put the small screwdriver in the slots on the back of the case. Then, turn the screwdriver counter-clockwise to open the slots. Once the slots are opened, lift the case back up with the screwdriver.
- The back of whichever type of Seiko watch you are opening should now be open. Know you know how to open the back of a Seiko watch. You can now replace the battery for the watch.