If you're seeking to find out how to open an E-Trade savings account, then it doesn't get any easier than this. Banking with E-Trade is one of the easiest ways to manage your money. The company offers its clients everything from checking, savings, to IRA's and much more. They come fully equipped with just about every type of account you would expect to find in a local bank. Saving your money with an E-Trade savings account is virtually easy and extremely safe. Plus, there is no daily minimum balance requirement for the account.
Things You'll Need:
- A state or federal government-issued ID (i.e. Driver's License)
- Computer with internet
- Opening minimum balance of $1.00
- Go to the E-Trade website. Select to Open An Account in the top right corner. You will then be directed to a brand new page where you can open one. Fill in the required demographic information for opening an account.
- Account Selection. After filling in the required information, scroll down to where the heading reads 'Banking' where you will see three types of accounts listed. Clicking on more will provide you additional information about each option but in this case, you're going to select Savings Account and then click Apply.
- Compliance for E-Trade's Request for Information. The next page requires you to comply with E-Trade's Information Request . You do this by providing your date of birth, address, and social security number. A state or government issued ID such as a State ID or Driver's License may be required for proof of identity. Lastly, select whether or not you are subject to backup withholding; if this is the case, then you will be provided a form that you must fill out and mail to E-Trade.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.
The Gentleman’s Guide to Online Gaming
Get into FPSs and MOBAs without getting your ass kicked… too much.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.