How To Open A Pro Bike Shop
Learning how to open a pro bike shop is something that takes a lot of time, effort, and research. To open such a store, you will also need a solid understanding of the sport, and you will need funding, if you are not able to buy or rent a location, or stock your store off of the bat. Following is some advice on how to open a pro bike shop.
- First, pick a location for the shop that you intend to start. It should not be close to any other bike shops, which would be potential competition if you opened yours in their proximity.
- Then, find a way to fund your shop, if necessary. A bank loan, investors, or even friends who want to be part of your business are ways to get money for your store.
- Buy or rent a location. It should be an appealing building, hopefully located near the residences of people who enjoy biking.
- Stock your store. If you are renting your store location, this will be the most expensive step in opening the bike shop. You will need to have everything that people might want to buy, so stock your store, so that it is ready to go before its opening.
- Hire workers. Put out ads for employment in papers, or post flyers at parks where bikers hang out, and only hire those who know a lot about the sport and are good with dealing with people. Having a local bike shop staffed by those who are friendly and know what they are talking about will make all of the difference when it comes to selling bike accessories.
- Next, open your store, and market it. Put commercials on during shows that bikers are liable to watch, and post ads in certain magazines and papers. Put out flyers at biking hang outs, and offer seasonal discounts to attract customers. Once you have done all of this, keep your shop up and running as long as you want.
Learning how to open a pro bike shop takes a lot of time. You will need to fund everything, and you will need to be lucky and appealing enough to attract a constant flow of customers who are interested in the sport to succeed.