How To Open Seiko Alarm Watch
Learning how to open a Seiko Alarm watch is an easy task that just about anyone can do. If your battery has died and you want to replace it you will need to know how to properly open a Seiko Alarm watch to prevent from damaging it. To learn how to open a Seiko Alarm watch follow these basic instructions.
To open a Seiko watch you need:
- tiny flat head screwdriver
- tiny Phillips screwdriver
Snap on Back
- Determine what type of back is on the Seiko Alarm watch. It will either have a snap on back with a notch on the edge of the back or it will have screws on back cover that you will have to remove. Follow the instructions in this section to remove a snap on back.
- Look for a small indentation on the back of your Seiko Alarm watch. Along the edge of the back cover of your watch you should be able to locate a small indentation. It is usually located around the area that the watch band is.
- Place the flat head screwdriver into the inside of the notch. To pry off the back of the Seiko Alarm watch use one hand and hold the back of the watch down while you use the other hand and apply pressure to pry up the side with the notch until the back of the watch pops off.
Screw on Back
- Remove the screws from the back of the watch. Use the tiny Philips screwdriver to unscrew each screw located on the back of the Seiko Alarm watch. Find a safe place to keep the screws to replace and secure the back cover later.
- Remove the back case of the screw back Seiko Alarm watch. Once you have removed the screws use a flat knife or small flat head screwdriver to slide under the edge of the back cover and pop it off.