How To Open Seiko Automatic Diver Watch
Do you want to learn how to open a Seiko Automatic Divers Watch? For many years Seiko has put screwed down case backs on their divers watches. This includes both their quartz and automatic divers watches. This article will therefore concern itself with opening Seiko Automatic divers watches using tools appropriate to screwed down case backs.
Items needed to open a Seiko automatic Divers Watch:
- Case holder
- Adjustable Case Wrench
- Soft Cloth
The process of opening a Seiko Automatic Divers Watch:
- Position watch in case holder. If you have a case holder carefully position the watch in it. If you do not have one lay the watch on a soft cloth to protect the crystal.
- Remove watchband/bracelet if needed. If there is no room to work properly with the adjustable case wrench, follow the watches instructions and remove the band or bracelet. You will need enough room to turn the case wrench in a 360 degree arc so check carefully.
- Apply adjustable case opener to case back. Before starting, ensure the wrench has the lugs inserted which fit the slots on the case back the best. Proper fit is important. Fit the lugs on the case tool into the slots in the case back. It will take some adjusting to get it in place correctly. Patience here will insure a proper fit which is important. Tighten it down until it does not slip free. Take care not to slip and scratch the case back or watch.
- Unscrew case back. Unscrew the case back in a counter clockwise motion until it comes off. Go slow and be careful, you do not want to wreck the gasket and have to replace it .
- Inspect gasket. Inspect the case back gasket carefully. If it is damaged, it must be replaced to retain water resistance.
That is how you open a Seiko Automatic Divers Watch. The process is not hard but must be performed carefully using proper tools. If you use proper tools and a bit of patience, you can successfully open your Seiko Divers watch without damaging it in any way, good luck.