How To Open Seiko Quartz Watch
Learning how to open a Seiko Quartz watch depends on the kind of back case it uses. Opening a watch needs proper care and proper tools otherwise there’s more risk in damaging the watch or the watch’s movement. Before anything else, be sure that the area where you will do the following guide is well lighted and clean surface.
What you need:
- Watch case knife
- Case wrench or rubber tip watch opener
- Watch case hold vise
- Watch closing hand press
- Polishing cloth
- Check what kind of back case your Quartz has. Seiko quartz watches may have a screw, snap on or hatch back casing.
- Remove the lock of the watch band. If the band doesn’t have a lock, use a pin or pointed tool to push the spring loaded pin to separate the band and the clasp lock or the watch.
- Place the watch face down to clamp it on a case holding vise. This tool allows you to operate on the watch properly.
- If your watch has a screw back case, use the case wrench to fit on the back notches or use the rubber tip opener to open the back case turning counter clockwise. Turn the wrench clockwise to close the screw back case again.
- If your watch has a snap on case back, use a watch case knife or a sharp blade to fit the narrow join in between the case back and the watch then apply force pushing the snap off. Be careful of the sharp edge as it may damage the watch’s finish. Use a hand press to close the snap on case back again.
- If the quartz watch is hatch back, use a coin which fits on the slot and turn it counter clockwise to loosen. Use your fingers to completely remove the hatch carefully.
- Ensure the quartz watch is clean of dirt or moisture before proceeding with the steps above.
- Seiko highly suggests taking the watch to the dealer or the Seiko watch service center to have the battery replacement or repairs done. Check the warranty first before doing the battery replacement or watch repair yourself.
- Use a fine pointed non-magnetic or plastic tweezers in taking out the battery or small parts of the watch.