How To Open Seiko Sportura Watch
Do you need to learn how to open a Seiko Sportura watch? It is not impossible to open the watch however opening it should be done with complete care and proper tools. The steps below are guides to open a screwed on watch case which is mostly used in the Seiko Sportura watch collection.
What you need:
- Watch case hold vise
- Rubber tipped watch opener or Case wrench metal tips
- Pointed tool
- Work table (Well lit, stable and clean)
- Soft clean cloth for cleaning
- Unlock or unclasp the Seiko sportura watch band. If the band can’t be separated, use a pointed tool to push the pin connecting the watch case or the clasp to the band.
- Inspect the back case for any dirt or liquid. Clean the back case first before proceeding to avoid dirt falling into the movement once the case is opened.
- Turn the Sportura watch face down and clamp it in a watch case hold vise. Make sure that the watch case is securely clamped.
- Properly place the rubber tipped watch opener on the back case then press and turn it counter clockwise to open the back case. To use the case wrench metal tips, position the tips on the case back notches and turn it counter clockwise. If the mentioned tools are not available, you may try using the pressure of the palm of your hands to do the job however this is not recommended and may even cause damage to the watch.
- Carefully lift the back case. Ensure that you do not lose any small parts of the watch.
- Seiko strongly recommends taking the watch to the retailer where the watch was purchased, or to a professional or contact Seiko customer service for any watch repairs or battery replacement.
- Check the Seiko Sportura watch warranty before self repairing the watch. Repair costs may be cheaper than the damage cost done when self repair or battery replacement went wrong.
- Work on a well lit place and on a stable surface when performing the procedure.
- Also keep the watch away from any strong magnetism for it may cause the movement to stop losing or gaining time temporarily which may need demagnetization service.
- Be careful in handling sharp tools to avoid damaging the watch or inflicting self injury.
- The movement parts are each lubricated with special oil respectively so if you need to lubricate your watch it is highly recommended to take the watch to the professional.