How To Open A Wells Fargo Bank Checking Account
Need to know how to open a Wells Fargo Bank checking account? You can open a Wells Fargo Bank checking account to keep your money safe and ready for paying bills. Wells Fargo is a bank with locations nationwide. They have merged with Wachovia Bank.
To open a Wells Fargo bank checking account, you will need:
- A computer with an internet connection
- Your driver's license number
- Your Social Security number
- $100, to open your new account
- Apply online for a Wells Fargo checking account. Log on to the Wells Fargo website, linked below. Search for "open checking account." Follow the links to the page for opening a bank account.
- Fill in the application online with your personal information. Choose the correct response to the questions in the application. Information needed includes name, date of birth, driver's license number, Social Security number, citizenship status, mailing address, email address and phone number.
- Provide information to transfer funds to the new checking account. It is necessary to transfer $100 to the new Wells Fargo Bank checking account. This can be done online as well.
- Go in person to a Wells Fargo bank. You can also open a checking account in person at the bank. Speak with a banker regarding opening a Wells Fargo checking account.
Fill in the application forms and sign your name. Provide your driver's license and Social Security card.
- Take along a check to fund the new checking account. You will need a check or debit or credit card transfer of $100 to open the new checking account.
- Ask or read about the services and benefits. Each checking account has specific rules and regulations. Ask or read about the terms and rules for your new Wells Fargo checking account so you know how best to use it.