- How To Open A Wells Fargo Bank Checking Account
- How To Close A Bank Account At Wells Fargo
- How To Negotiate With Credit Card Companies
- How To Remove A Lien From A Bank Account
- How To Apply For A Credit Card
- How To Apply For Credit Card With No Credit History
- How To Check Wells Fargo Bank Account Online
How To Open Wells Fargo Banking Accounts
Need to know how to open Wells Fargo banking accounts? You can open a Wells Fargo banking account from your home or even online. It is really easy to do, provided you have all of the appropriate documentation. Wells Fargo has so many bank account options that you will be sure to find one that works for you. They offer free checking accounts with free online banking. The free checking account has no monthly fee and is a great option if you don’t want any of the extra features. The Wells Fargo custom management package offers more free features, but has balance minimums you must adhere to. This package offers free online bill pay, free checks and free transfers to savings accounts. If you don’t have the $1,000 minimum, there is an eight dollar fee per month for these additional features. You can avoid this fee by signing up for direct deposit or by transferring money into your savings regularly.
- Check out the Wells Fargo website and decide which account you would like to sign up for. You can find this page by clicking the "checking account" option on the main page. The checking account page gives a detailed list of the accounts offered, and you can make a decision from there.
- After you’ve decided what banking account you would like, go into your local branch to open an account. You can find a list of all Wells Fargo branches on the bank's website. The top right hand corner has a "locations" tab, and all you need to do is enter your zip code and a location will pop up.
- Setting up an account is easy at your local branch. You will need a government-issued photo ID, your Social Security card, and proof of your residence. If you have moved, you may need to bring in a bill or other piece of mail as proof of your address.
- The Wells Fargo representative will need to take photocopies of your documentation and discuss banking account options. You should have a good idea of which banking account you would like to open since you already visited the website. You can order checks if you need to and set up direct deposit while you are at the bank.
You're all done! You are now the proud owner of a new Wells Fargo banking account.
Posted on: Jul. 18, 2010