How To Open A Xbox 360
If you decide to buy a Mod chip for an Xbox 360, you will have to learn how to open a Xbox 360 first in order to put it in. You must be very careful when opening the Xbox 360, so make sure to take your time. An important point to remember is that your warranty will be voided if you open your Xbox 360.
You will need:
- Three torx screw drivers in sizes: T6, T7, and T12
- One small flat head screw driver
- A two inch long metal stick 1.5mm thick
- A two inch long and flat 1mm or less in thickness plastic or metal stick
- You will need to remove the outer plastic shell on the Xbox 360. You will have to start with the face plate. You will be inserting your thumb in the door that covers the two USB ports on the right of the unit. Gently pull the face plate with your thumb while squeezing the upper and lower sides of the face plate with your other hand. The face plate should just pop off. You will need to remove the silver sticker that is covering the gap. Under the sticker are four plastic clips that are locking the top half of the plastic shell to the bottom half.
- Now you are going to gently bend the gray ventilation shield on the right side of the Xbox 360 outwards just a little. Make note of the multiple places where the gray side piece attaches to the outer cover. You will be using the metal stick to push through the holes on the outer cover to disconnect the parts of the gray side piece. As you disconnect each part of the gray piece, gently pull the piece away from the consul.
- Remove the hard drive from the left side of the Xbox 360. You will be removing the left ventilation shield the same way as in step 2. There is just one difference, when you reach the bottom clip of the piece you will need to remove the rubber feet located directly below it. This will reveal a hole where you can insert the metal stick.
- With both of the ventilation shields removed, you can now start to remove the outer casing of the Xbox 360. Go to the front of the Xbox 360 and then turn it upside down. Pry up the four clips holding the top shell to the bottom with the flat head screw driver. Now lift up the front of the bottom shell about an inch. Take the small plastic stick and insert it into the thin rectangular holes on the rear. You will hear the latches click as you release them. The top and bottom can now be removed.
- When you look inside the Xbox 360 you will see a metal casing with fourteen silver screws and eight black screws holding it together. You will use the T12 torx screw driver to remove the silver screws and the T7 torx screw driver for the black ones. Once the screws are removed, you can flip the Xbox 360 over and pull the top plastic shell off. You will now see the inside of the Xbox 360. Congratulations, you have just opened your Xbox 360!