How To Order A Retirement Gift Basket
When it is time to say goodbye to a retiring friend or colleague, a gift basket conveys a thoughtful a message, so it is good to to know how to order a retirement gift basket. Gift baskets can be purchased online or if there is a gift basket shop in your area, they can be ordered locally. More important than whether the basket is ordered online or locally is getting the right gift basket for your retiring friend. If you know the person well, it will be easy to select a basket containing items he will like. If the retiring person is merely an acquaintance, order a retirement gift basket with general contents like spa items or coffee mugs.
The steps to follow to order a retirement gift basket are:
- Consider what you know about the retiree. For example, if the retiree is a close friend and you know he loves golf, a gift basket filled with golf-related items would be suitable. The same line of thinking applies to quilters, wine aficionados and anyone with a favorite hobby. Get a gift basket containing things you know the retiree will like. If the retiree is an acquaintance rather than a close friend, you have the option of checking around to find out their interests or getting a general contents gift basket.
- Tell the person taking your gift basket order, if ordering in person or over the phone, what you would like to have in the basket and how much you would like to spend.
- Listen to suggestions made by the order-taker. People who specialize in making gift baskets will have insight into hot gifting trends, plus they will know what they have available to place in a gift basket.
- Visit a gift basket website if ordering over the internet, and enter either retirement gift baskets or the name of your friend's hobby in the site's search box. If there is no search box on the site you are visiting, look for an icon to guide you to the needed area.
- Select the basket you think the retiree will like, confirm the price including shipping costs, and provide delivery information.