Organizing a church picnic can be challenging, but the benefits far outweigh the cost so it's good to know how to organize a church picnic. A church picnic gives all of the members a chance to relax, spend time with friends and get to know new people. This type of laid back environment gives a new perspective on the idea of church and community.
- Decide on a date and time. Be sure to take into consideration other church sponsored events as well the seasons. Many church picnics are held immediately following the service. If this is the case, schedule the picnic to start after giving families time to get everything together.
- Choose a location. The location is almost as important as the date. Planning and set up will be easier if there is a place on the church property to hold the picnic. If not, look into community parks in the area. Also, think about the number of people that will be attending. Make sure that location will be able to support that many parishioners.
- Will the church provide the food, or will it be potluck? If the food will be furnished by the church, brainstorm a list of items that will be needed. Don't forget things like condiments as well as any paper products. If everyone will be bring a dish to share, you may want to create a sign up list. This will ensure that there are not ten potato salads and only one two-liter soda. Just like the shopping list, think about everything that will be needed for the event.
- Announce the picnic in the church newsletter or bulletin. Make sure that you include the date, time and let people know if they need to bring anything. It would be helpful to have a phone number listed for people who have questions.
- Ask for or search for volunteers. Consider talking to some of the church teachers or leaders to help enlist some groups to help out with set up or clean up. Men's groups and women's groups may have suggestions of ways they can help. Don't be afraid to ask for help. A church is a community of people and within it, there are people with talents that you can utilize. Organizing a church picnic does not have to be a hassle. Surround yourself with people willing to help.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
Emma Watson and Other Child Stars Who Grew Up To Be Hot
Throughout the Harry Potter film series, we've seen Emma Watson transform from a lovable child star into a burgeoning sex symbol. She's not the first actress to do so, and she cert …
10 Things Women Expect Men to Know How to Do
To make ladies swoon or at least not cringe, master these skills. (Yes, several are car-related.)