How To Organize Closet
Most people hate the thought of cleaning out closets, so knowing how to organize closet is essential to doing a good, fast job. Closets have a way of becoming cluttered with clothes, shoes and other items. Here is a how-to list to help you organize a closet so that items will be more accessible.
- Remove any unwanted clothing or shoes you have not used in a year. If you have not used it, then most likely you do not need it.
- Donate clothing to the Goodwill or have a yard sale. The old saying goes that one man's junk is another man's treasure.
- Add shoe racks to your closet for storage of shoes. Separate shoes for each season and separate dress from casual and so on.
- Clothing such as shirts can be hung on coat hangers that allow five or six shirts to hang at one time. This helps to give more space in the hanging area.
- If you have a walk-in closet, hang shirts to one side, pants to another and so on. This organizes your closet so you know what area certain clothing is in.
Sweaters and other foldable clothing can be placed on shelves in the closet or in storage bags.
- Keep items used on a regular basis at eye level. This ensures easy access to what you use most.
- Separate winter, fall, spring and summer clothing. Clothes not in season can be stored in boxes or storage bags.
- Bed linens can be separated by sets for single, double, queen and king beds. Also, you can sort by colors if you choose too.