Everyone at some point has to contend with the How-to's of organizing their clutter. Learning how to organize clutter is often a task that needs to be planned before executed. Otherwise there will be piles of "clean" material cluttering up the clutter. There are five basic steps for the person who desires to learn to organize clutter that will ensure success:
- The first thing to consider when planning how to organize clutter, is what the space is used for. Intentions can be tricky, due to the fact that the original established use for a space may not be the best use. An example would be a dining room space which has become a cluttered office space. If the space for an office is needed and there is no other acceptable space or if you find that office clutter ends up in the dining room, it is best to not grow frustrated and attempt to discipline yourself and home. Why not reconsider your use of the space and reconfiguring the space you are currently eating into a dining room space? The less struggle that is made in establishing a space, the easier it will be to maintain.
- Once the proper space is chosen the next thing to consider when figuring out how to organize clutter is to ensure that only the necessary things for that space are cluttering up the area. A great example would be cups and plates in the office, or office supplies in the kitchen. Once you have chosen the proper area for a specific use stick to it.
- The next step in the quest to learn how to organize clutter is to get rid of all old paper. Shredders can be purchased for as little as ten dollars. It is worth the money to pay more and have all of the excess papers shredded. While getting rid of old papers, try not to assign a sentimental label to papers. Old pictures serve as an excellent reminder of the past. A general rule of thumb for an individual who desires to learn how to organize clutter is that if you have not used it in six months, you probably will not use it in six years. Therefore, get rid of it.
- The best way to learn how to organize clutter in your closet would be to gather the knowledge that closets can be easily organized without purchasing any specialty hangers or organizing systems. A simple method of organizing closets is very similar to organizing papers. If you have not worn it in six months you probably will not wear it for six years. Utilize attic and storage spaces for seasonal items to allow maximum space and accessibility. Learning how to organize clutter often starts with organizing the spaces that were intended to reduce clutter in your home.
- Finally, children's toys can serve as a huge hindrance to someone who desires to learn how to organize clutter. It is best to remember that various items can be organized using plastic storage bins. They are large and allow for all size toys. Do not be afraid to purchase several, as they usually run around ten dollars each. When purchasing bins, it is best to consider the amount of space that will be saved from having a system that a child can easily use themselves to keep their rooms clean and toys neatly put away.
These tips, combined with an open mind and the willingness to discard when needed, will assist even the most disorganized person in becoming organized. A willing person can learn how to organize clutter quickly and easily. Clear spaces increase productivity and concentration. An organized work space can also help with mood and motivation.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor ...
What Makes Men Attractive to Women
What women want—confidence, a sense of humor and abs.
11 Hot Reality Stars Who Got Naked On Television (PHOTOS)
Reality shows tend to bring out the wildest in people. Just this week, for example, model Cinthia Fernandez (right) appeared on Bailando Por Un Sueno (the Argentine version of Danc ...