Organizing music in iTunes is a great way to keep track of your music library. The program can automatically sort music into folders on your computer and add missing information about songs and albums. This is a built-in function and is very easy to use. You can also manually add information about songs in the library, but this will take more time. Follow these steps to organize music in iTunes. You will only need a computer with iTunes installed and music saved to your computer for this process.
- Open iTunes on your computer.
- Click the Edit menu at the top of the window. Select the Preferences… option from the list.
- Go to the advanced tab. This is a good place to start in organizing your music. The default location should be fine for storing music, but you can change it here if you want.
- Check the Keep iTunes media folder organized button. This will allow iTunes to organize your music into folders.
- Check the next box in the list, called Copy files to iTunes Media folder when adding to library. This will allow you to keep all of your music in the same folder to keep it organized when you add it to the library.
- If your media library has been set up already, iTunes will now begin organizing it.
- If you have not added your music to the iTunes library, you can do so by copying it to the iTunes media folder or adding it through the file menu. To add music through the file menu, click the File menu at the top of iTunes and then select either Add file to library or add folder to library, depending on which you want to do.
- Find the location of your music and then click open.
- Because of the settings that were changed earlier, the music you add will be copied to the iTunes music folder and organized.
- To manually edit song information, simply click the song once that you want to edit.
- Click once over the detail of the song that you want to edit.
- Type in the information you want and then press enter.
- Use playlists to group songs into categories that you want. This is done by pressing the + button on the bottom left of the window.
- Type in the name of the playlist and press enter.
- Now drag songs into the playlist to add them.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Cooking With Booze: Stiegl Radler Crockpot Carnitas
Perfect hot-weather tacos, with pork simmered in summer beer.
Friday Drink Special: The Little Zombie
Perhaps the world's first cocktail inspired by Comic Con and The Walking Dead.
10 Things to Talk About This Weekend
Game of Thrones bloopers, sex geckos and more conversation starters for any social situation.