How To Organize A Speed Dating Session
If you're in the business of helping singles find that special someone, then knowing how to organize a speed dating session is absolutely essential. Speed dating is a great, no-nonsense way for people to meet and get to know each other before deciding to spend time and money on dinner and a movie. This guide will show you how you can add a whole new dimension to your matchmaking venture.
What you'll need to organize a speed dating session:
- An internet presence
- Knowledge of your target demographics
- A place to hold the event
- Advertising materials
- Establish your on-line presence. You will want to have a significant presence on the internet to attract interest to your event. A website is essential for the purpose of announcing a speed dating session and raising awareness for your business, since these events are primarily advertised and scheduled online.
- Know your clientele. You will want to know things about your potential customers, such as which demographic you are catering to. Knowing which group is the least served by other local speed dating services and which demographic is most open to the idea of speed dating, are important factors to consider.
- Find a time and place for your event. This is both very important and potentially quite easy. You will find that the best places to hold a speed session are in bars or a restaurant, especially during their off hours. Business owners may let you hold a speed dating session for a reduced price or for free in exchange for speed daters buying drinks or the promise of return patronage. It is also wise to have several venues lined up for variety's sake.
- Advertising is key. You will need to aggressively advertise your speed dating session online. Also, you will want to place fliers at the venue to remind patrons of the event. Of course, placing large, well-designed posters at the door will also help maintain awareness and generate interest.
- Fewer men than women tend to go to speed dating sessions, so you may have to make adjustments to even the gender ratio, such as having a higher age limit for men than for women, or lowering the admission price for men.
- Speed dating sessions are best held in places that feature sections with an intimate atmosphere. The goal is for people to be able to talk quietly and discreetly, and not be interrupted by other patrons.